Give Kids A Smile Register your GKAS event
One of the biggest annual events to help Ohio children is Give Kids A Smile (GKAS), a year-round children’s access to care and oral health education program. Dentists and dental professionals volunteer their time to provide screenings, treatments and oral health education to Ohio children. In 15 years of GKAS, Ohio dental volunteers have provided more than $13.5 million of dental care to over 250,000 underserved children. More than $765,000 in care was provided at no cost to 14,500 children in Ohio in 2017! But not every event is a large-scale effort, and no event is too small as everyone’s efforts combine to make a big impact on Ohio!
Have you thought about holding a GKAS event? You choose…
- The scope of the event--education only, dental screenings, preventive care, etc
- How many kids you want to see
- The date that works for you
- Your venue—your office/clinic, a dental assisting or hygiene school, local school, etc
- Your partners—local school, Head Start, Boys and Girls Club, etc
2018 Event Registration
GKAS event registration opens October 1, 2017 to register events that will take place in 2018. Events registered by November 6, 2017 will qualify to receive free products to support the event.
Benefits of Registering for GKAS
- ODA staff support to help you plan and promote your event
- Free products from the ADA if registered in the Oct. 1-Nov. 6 registration window
- Dentists and hygienists qualify for 1 CE credit for every 1 hour of volunteer care provided, up to 1/3 of the total hours required per biennium
- Your activities will be counted in state totals used in ODA advocacy efforts
Will you help promote GKAS to other dental professionals? Download the GKAS flyer to spread the word and encourage others to hold events in Ohio!
For additional information on GKAS or for help registering and planning a GKAS event, contact the ODA Department of Public Service by calling (614) 486-2700 or email Kristy@oda.org.