ODA Foundation: Advancing Oral Health in Ohio Donate Now
The Ohio Dental Association Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the ODA, committed to a mission of improving the oral health of the citizens of Ohio and enhancing the dental profession in the state. Your support helps us continue to make a difference by funding grants and scholarships.
How We Make a Difference
|The ODA Foundation Trustees met many of the 2017 scholarship recipients at the 2017 ODA Annual Session.|
The ODA Foundation is excited to have awarded more than $1 million in grants and scholarships since 1995 thanks to the generous support of our donors. Through grants and scholarships, the ODA Foundation helps decrease the cost of dental education for future dentists and increases access to dental care by supporting community oral health programs in Ohio.
In 2017, 19 scholarships were awarded to dental and auxiliary students. The Foundation also awards three memorial scholarships:
- The Darryl Dever Advocacy Scholarship is awarded annually to one dental student who embodies the advocacy spirit of Darryl Dever, the ODA’s longtime lobbyist.
- The Forward Ever Scholarship is awarded annually in memory of Dr. R. E. “Jim” Snelson to one dental student who exemplifies leadership in organized dentistry.
- The Dr. E. Karl Schneider III Humanitarian Scholarship is awarded annually starting in 2017 to one dental student who shows the highest commitment to improving the community through his or her humanitarian efforts. Dr. Schneider was the ODA Foundation’s chairman when he passed away in 2017.
2017 access to care grants were awarded to organizations which improve access to dental care in Ohio. The 2017 grant recipients were:
- Miami County Dental Clinic, Troy
- Care Alliance Health Center, Cleveland
- Good Neighbor House, Dayton
- Good Samaritan Free Health Center, Cincinnati
- Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission, Ashland
- OPEN M, Akron
- KidSMILES, Columbus
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus
- Nisonger Center Dental Program OSU, Columbus
For information on past grant recipients:
- ODAF grant recipient expanding services for pediatric dental care
- ODA Foundation reaches giving milestone
- Grant recipient travels to schools to provide dental care to children in need
- ODA Foundation supports Head Start outreach in Cleveland
Join Us in Making a Difference
Help the ODA Foundation continue its mission of Advancing Oral Health in Ohio through grants and scholarships by supporting the Foundation with a donation today! Your support is what has allowed us to award more than $1 million in grants and scholarships. Will you help us award $1 million more? You can donate online HERE or mail checks to ODA Foundation 1370 Dublin Rd., Columbus, OH 43215.
The annual ODA Foundation raffle is one of the primary sources of funding for grants and scholarships. Click here to learn more about the raffle and how to purchase a ticket.
Recognize your loved ones and other special individuals in your life with a tribute gift to the ODA Foundation in their honor or memory. Click here to make a secure donation online. Donor and honoree names will be listed in the ODAF Annual Report. All honorees (or the family) will receive a letter informing them of the donation.
2016 Annual Impact Report
Since the Foundation’s inception, more than $1 million of grants and scholarships have been infused into improving access to dental care in Ohio and reducing student debt for dentists, many of whom now practice in Ohio. The 2016 ODA Foundation Annual Impact Report shows how the ODA Foundation has turned your donations into grants and scholarships to have a major impact on Ohio both in 2016 and over its history of Advancing Oral Health in Ohio. Click here to view the 2016 Annual Impact Report.